Monday, November 2, 2009

Blogging remains integral part of social media


Jeff Cole over at PR-101 discusses the fact that blogging remains an integral component of social media. I couldn't agree more.
Blogging for me comes very easy because I have always liked to write. As I said last week, this is my sixth blog I've launched since late 2006.
Cole says if you're a business and you're blogging, don't brag. Instead, use it as a vehicle for customers to post comments and complaints.
Cole:

Blogging should almost always be the foundation of effective social media campaign. It is where smart companies establish that they are industry leaders. They do that by providing information that is both interesting and useful to readers – who the company should want to convert to customers. It is also place to interact with current customers. A blog is where people can post comments, debate points of information and make complaints. This is one of the best ways companies can find what the marketplace is thinking.
What blogging is not is another way to continue using the same tired marketing and sales strategies. It not a place to virtually pound your chest. You should not be bragging about what good job your company is doing. You should not be demanding that potential customers buy your products because it will make them younger, cut their bills, or help them lose weight. If I want to hear that kind of nonsense, I’ll turn on the television.

==============================
E.C. :)










No comments: